Thursday 22 May 2008

oohh me 2nd tag meme!

Thanks Chloe me lovely chum from Mee Crafty for tagging me. I now need to get the grey cells a going! I think I may put this on both blogs If I can work out how!

1) What was I doing 10 years ago.

Well it was a year and a half before my wedding and most probably starting to plan the where, how & whats , enjoying being engaged with no children, so we may have just come back from somwere tropical and far away! I was suited and booted and working in Knightsbrigde, enjoying the London nightlife scene and probably a bit too much of burning the candle at both ends thing also. The best thing was being able to go to trade shows for a living , as I was buying gorgeous British made only gift ware and table ware. I had carte blanche in my purchases and it was great fun, although the rest of the job was pretty stressful and revolting as my boss wasnt an easy women, so this was my treat!

2) 5 things on my to do list for today.

Return yet another bikini, get nails done for a wedding at weekend, have hair coloured for wedding-loads of grey, organise a delivery for a client, tidy girls bedrooms.

3) Snacks I enjoy. (see it doesn't take much for food to end up on this blog)

Funnily enough just like my tagger , I love little savoury bits also ! They have to be quite flavoursome and stinky ; tapenade on crusty brown seedy bread, olives with lemon and garlic , carrots and hummus with harrisa, guacamole is an obsession and I can finish a pot in one session. Another very naughty one is Worcestershire sauce french fries, ooh I fancy those now! Oh and how can I forget my beloved dark chocolate (Valrhona of course) ! To balance the naughtiness I will also be virtuous and chop my own fruit salads here and there.

4) Things I would do if I were a Billionaire.

I often make lists like this in my head! Strangely again , very much in the same vain as my tagger, (we've always known we have a twin flame thing!).

Pay all my families mortgages and bills off completely and make sure they are provided for .
Take everyone on a trip around the world
Buy a large house in the Scottsdale Desert , so I'm both near Sedona and Grand Canyon
Have an art studio/gallery and holistic spiritual spa and therapy room in Sedona.
How odd , I also have a strange thing about the design of shoes , all over old notepads I used to draw pages and pages of shoes! May be Mrs mee crafty and I would start a shoe empire together!
Now here's were I would want to do something of enormous benefit to others and society and I wouldn't know were to start. I don't have a clue about the politics of these things and some of it may seem idealistic but here's my thoughts ; Help fund/build schools & hospitals in developing countries , help fund free nurseries in my local council , donations to local hospitals and GP practises , creation of a youth organisation country wide to learn dancing , singing, martial arts , meditation , healing, cooking and arts and crafts to help the youth of our country have somewhere to go in the evenings and entice a wide range of tastes.
Oh and then Id need to employ loads of people to help bring that to fruition , so Id be helping the local employment situation also.

5) Places I have lived

Oakwood
Northwood


6) Blogger's I want to know about

I only know a handful of blogger's as I'm a newbie on the block and some here are pro blogger's , it would be wonderful if they responded, Id feel quite privileged:

Barbara at Candy hearts and paper flowers
Monique at Escape Hatch
Stephanie at Back in skinny jeans
Dad at I think this world is perfect
Annie B at Overmilkwood

6 comments:

Barbara said...

I did mine... it's up on my blog

@GiftedHand said...

oohh great, will look now.

Chloe said...

Here's to a North South shoe empire!
x

Dad said...

Hey Hana - I don't really do tags or memes or any of that viral bloggy stuff, but I appreciate you visiting and thinking of me, so here are a few abbreviated responses to the Qs:

1. 10 years ago I was doing about what I'm doing now professionally, different place but same basic gig. Gwen and I weren't married yet and, of course, no kids.

2. "To Do" list for today... spend some time outside, possibly some form of a food shop, we're going down the street later on for a little afternoon BBQ at a neighbor's house. Right now I'm working on some scrambled eggs.

3. Snacks I like include cut vegetables, stuffed grape leaves, chips and guacamole, cheese, WASA crackers, mixed nuts.

4. If I were a billionaire I would write, write, write, write and write. Oh yeah, and write.

5. I've lived in several cities in the U.S., including NY, Los Angeles and Washington.

6. Blogs I visit on a regular basis (so I guess that makes me curious about them) include Dad Gone Mad, Laid Off Dad, Seth Godin, Happiness Project, etc.

There... OK?

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl... I did mine last night but forgot to stop by...

Here is Un Peu Au Sujet De Moi

Thanks for the tag, it was fun.

@GiftedHand said...

Thank you all for joining in!

lol clo , and our shoes taking over the UK!!

Appreciate "dad" stopping by too and leaving your comments despite not normally doing meme's. Will have to have a look at the blogs you mentioned now , ever curious! Which ws your favourite city I wonder? You also have the guacamole mole thing hey!!!!

Im sure I looked at your meme Monique ,Ive been rushing around a lot and haven't had a chance to leave any comments anywhere till now. Takes some time doesn't it. I don't know how everyone does it!

I need to do some catching up everywhere!