Sunday 4 May 2008

A new cafe find for me

I dropped my eldest at a party in Crouch end last week and needed a place for lunch for me and the little one. Round the corner in Broadway Parade was a lovely little find. We had the most wonderful lunch on a warm but very wet day. I thoroughly recommend Coffee Cake . It serves Mediterranean / North African food.

I had Salmon en Croute which was so tasty with spinach and a cheesy cream filling , alongside that I had a salad of stuffed mini sweet peppers and beans , all mixed with the most amazing creamy sauce. I noticed a french bean salad being served and said out loud that Id missed that one! The manager called me over (and jokingly said , didn't you see it)and told me to bring my plate and gave me a small portion of the most amazing french bean salad mixed with a grainy warm spicy coating. Unfortunately the little pickle wouldn't eat any of it ,(philistine child!), so they kindly made me a fresh fruit salad which she couldn't eat quick enough!! The only drawback was they charged me for a dish with three salads , when I had one and a taster of another. I mentioned it and they kindly re did the bill for me.

I noticed amazing pink and white swirly meringues at the door, my husband loves them , but he was in my bad books last week , so he wasn't getting any treats! . I didn't have time to stay and try any of their pastries and yummy cakes, so will have to make another trip for tea very soon!

I needed some new inspiration for flavours , and I'm now on the lookout for a Med/North African book for those salad ideas.

No comments: