Sunday 1 June 2008

Old books , new understanding


It strikes me that when I read old books I have on spiritual matters , that the whilst the information is familiar , I seem to understand it all now at a much deeper level. It may be the work I have been doing the last year at circle and the many opening experiences , especially my Reiki 1 , allowing me to have a deeper connection to what is beyond what we see and know as normal life, whatever that may be!

I have a habit of reading several books at a time, I have this voracious thirst for information and a want to be connected beyond this world when I have quiet times, (hahahah that doesn't happen often with 2 children under 5 I tell ya). When I do make time, after they've gone to bed , I love to lay for half an hour before dinner and catch up and wind down , with no TV and no noise. corrrrrr I'm getting old hey!!


Another little synchronicity happened this evening , and it always seems that I get messages from songs, my favourite TV shows and well lots of everyday stuff really . On a tangent I had an amazing message from chips in an oven dish once, I kid you not. It was very touching at the time as my little cupcake had been in and out of hospital and it felt very much like my papa was sending us some love for her. Unfortunately I didn't photograph it , but it was my daughters initials frozen together and an enormous X with chips so long,(20cm each), it had to be something created!


The one this evening was brought to me via Desperate housewives yet again, yes I know I have a penchant for USA dramas, but hey its fun and its great creativity we're watching. I'm at the chapter , last night and earlier this evening in Reaching to Heaven, were James Van Praagh is describing in detail the actual stages we pass through when leaving this world and going onto the next , (the astral plane). It is not unusual to fear our passing in this society, as it has been made such a taboo.The fear is increased as we don't know what is to happen to us. I to want to understand more and more what it is that happens , even if it is a glimpse or a hint at it ,as it actually gives great comfort to me.


Back to the show connection , I had 10 minutes left of last weeks episode to watch this evening. I'm at the part were Lynette and Karen have gone to the baseball field to spread Idas ashes, Karen starts to recite this poem :



I Did Not Die

When I'm gone from your side,

And all your tears have been dried ...
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow;
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain;
I am the gentle Autumn’s rain.

When you awaken in the morning’s hush.
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there;
I did not die.

- Anon -


Very beautiful and moving , its funny how some words can make you get that feeling inside , a more contemplative moment and a message given on thinking beyond just this bodily inhabitance we have. I found it very poignant , as I age , it is a fact of life that I will experience more and more people connected to me passing over . To help deal with this , I consider what we are made of, whats around us, were come from and were we are going next.


Anyway whilst I do all that thinking , makes you hungry you see . I'm off to get some homemade sorbet and finish watching my next recorded episode of Britain's next top model !!!


Gotta live hey !!!

No comments: